Sunday, April 26, 2009

Historic Walking Tour



















Sorry for the downtime of the last couple days, I started blogging Lakeland before actually moving here. Now I am here, I love it, and I have Internet access up and running again.

Yesterday I had a very enjoyable morning on an historic walking tour of Downtown Lakeland. This free event put on by Downtown Lakeland Partnership is just one of many events they host downtown. This Friday will be First Friday a monthly celebration with artists, music, and fun for everyone. I'm looking forward to my first one.

On the walking tour we didn't just walk by buildings, we got special access to several. One in particular we got access to a closed second floor. Several people including myself thought it held great potential for loft type living. Hopefully that will be something the building owners will pursue in the near future, I'd sure be interested.

In another building we had access to a private rooftop terrace, I got some great photos there that will be showing up here. That was also a building, overlooking Lake Mirror and downtown, which I need to seriously look at living in!

No comments:

Post a Comment