Friday, May 1, 2009

The Shadows of Frank Lloyd Wright

Shadows are the theme this month in the City Daily Photo community. I saw lots of interestinf shadows around town the last few weeks. But these from the esplanade of Frank Lloyd Wrights Child of the Sun collection of buildings at Florida Southern College won in the end. The play of light and shadow was one of many things Frank Lloyd Wright excelled at in his designs. Which I think shows up very well here.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful place. The shadows are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, thanks for giving me the info on my Chicago photos. Love this photo with the shadows. My late DH went to school there for a year or so many many years ago. One of these days I need to get to Lakeland and tour the Wright buildings on the campus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Frank's work. Once I had to translate several pages about him and got acquainted with some of his masterpieces. Good work with the picture!

    ___
    call Nepal

    ReplyDelete